Preschool 3 to 5 years
Our intention for preschoolers is to facilitate the emotional and intellectual development of each child through guided play and structured lessons in a loving and safe environment that provides the right condition for spiritual, emotional, physical and intellectual growth.
This provides a solid foundation to help preschoolers develop their emotional and intellectual abilities for problem solving, expressing what they need in a meaningful way, explore ways to move through their frustrations without being taken over by them. Creating a sense of belonging form mutual sharing, respecting other children’s interests and needs.
Preschoolers develop positive self esteem, self confidence, self image and self concept:
- Providing a “home away from home” experience so children feel a sense of compassion and safety.
- Planning and providing daily activities that support and promote each child’s kindness, listening, emotional, social, creative, cognitive, and physical abilities.
- Providing effective behaviour guidance relevant to each child's needs.
- Encouraging good interaction with peers and adults to practice appreciation and social interaction.
- Helping children to share their feelings and ideas from a place of kindness.
Preschoolers practice kindness, emotional and creative development by:
Inspiring children to participate in creating and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Implementing a range of appealing and challenging play based experiences to stimulate the child’s curiosity, inventiveness, problem solving and communication shills.
Promoting each child’s heath and well being
Providing appropriate experiences related to finding joy in practicing reading, social skills, science and mathematics,
Modeling good use of language to support develop kindness and manners.
We Focus on
- Guided play and structured lessons.
- Saying the alphabet in English and French, identify letters and try to draw them.
- Drawing and Painting.
- Indoor and outdoor play and exercise.
- Relaxing activities such as yoga.
We provide two snacks and a lunch each day. We use only fresh ingredients to create delicious foods with love that encouraged children to explore tasty and nutritious foods so they can find joy in healthy eating.
Connecting as people
We sit with you during pickup time to go over what was of interest during the day.